20.7.10

Ahava

Love. I met my first love this past November. I was 20 and he was 23. We met at our college in one of the class we had been in together. Actually, we didn't talk in the class, as how ironic that may sound.

How did it happened then? First encounter was at the college hockey game, I walked in and I was texting my friend to see her whereabouts. While I was heads down in my text, I felt a slap on my arm which forced me to look up to see him walking by waving.

Next day, there was a Facebook friend request from him, which I accepted. Ironically later that night, I was bored and decided to go out for a drive on the campus (I lived off campus then). Passing by a store on campus, where I saw him walking in front of the entrance as I drove by. In responding to an impulse, I honked my car horn at him.

20 minutes later, I was back in my bedroom sitting at my laptop. Found a Facebook message from him which stated, "Hey, was that you that honked at me tonight? Haha :p", which concluded the evening talking on Facebook IM where he had asked for our first date the very next day at a coffee shop on campus after our class.

Fast forward to today, today is the 8 months mark. I can not believe how much we have came within our relationship to this day. First of all, he is hearing, as if I didn't mention that already. He had NO knowledge of communication method(s) with deaf people (i.e. sign language). The first month of our relationship had consisted of having every single conversation typed out on the blank text screen on our cellphones. By January (2 months later), he had memorized more than the average person would learn sign language in that time span.

He is the most amazing person I've ever had met, and my very first true love. I have never been a happy person because of the challenges I faced through out my life with the deafness, but he makes me feel like I'm a whole person and doesn't only focus on my deafness. He makes me feel like the queen of the world. It's an amazing feeling that every human being should feel. Love.

1 comment:

  1. HONK HONK.. LOVE LOVE LOVE that!! :-D I got an GREAT idea for your wedding... <3

    ReplyDelete