10.11.10

Deaf Dalmatians

I love, love, love dogs so much. I am a huge dogs person and I will always have one all of my life! Many people don't realize that many dalmatians are born deaf! That is one of my goal to own a deaf dalmatian at some point in my life. I love these dalmatians, they are so beautiful! Yesterday, out of boredom I was looking around for deaf dalmatians via Internet (I did found one that I fell in love with! Her name is Diamond, she is only a baby pup! Check out the picture of Diamond at this link: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17806122... adorable isn't she?!).

Meanwhile, I ran in some other websites which I was just SHOCKED. I found this website (http://www.thedca.org/deaf1.html) to be VERY insulting and absolutely disrespectful and DISGUSTING. I couldn't BELIEVE what I read which included:

"Deaf pups should be dealt with in a responsible and HUMANE fashion"
Lovely copyrights of Dalmatian Club of America, 2007.
(Please, what's HUMANE about it!)

"NEVER sell, place, give away deaf pups"
Lovely copyrights of Dalmatian Club of America, 2007.
(Ok, how's that different from to not GIVE deaf babies to people?!)

"Deaf pups should be humane destroyed by vet"
Lovely copyrights of Dalmatian Club of America, 2007.
(Even can't make a comment about it, that's how disgusting it is)

"Deaf dalmatians are hard to raise & control (Most are hit by car when run away), become snappy when startled"
Lovely copyrights of Dalmatian Club of America, 2007.
(Ummmm, so does that mean we gotta put down little kids who are hard to raise and control and run away?) (Also for the "startled" part, if the dog gets snappy obviously the owner do NOT have the RIGHT awareness of how to raise a deaf dog which should be given to someone who does)

"If you are the owner of a deaf dalmatian, and having problems with the pup, do not feel guilty about it. consider starting over with healthy hearing pup and do have deaf pup put down"
Lovely copyrights of Dalmatian Club of America, 2007.
(If you are the owner of a hearing dalmatian, and having the problems with the pup, do not feel gulity about it. consider starting over with a healthy deaf pup and do have the hearing pup put down)

For that website, Dalmatian Club of America, I applaud you. Not. Go rot in hell.

There are people out there with REAL heart that will take in any deaf puppies - yes, it will be a challenge but does that mean we have to put down all the children who are born with difficulties in this world? People aren't perfect, so aren't dogs. I don't see why we have to treat differently with dogs. I have came across many dogs with other health problems with liver, skin, diseases, etc. just like people, yet there's no website targeting at these kind dogs recommended to be put down. As a deaf person myself, I would have the awareness of how to raise a deaf puppy/dog PROPERLY and in the most HUMANE way (which is giving it a LIFE). These people of DCA aren't humans at all that don't know their shit.

On a happier note, Here's a proof that Deaf pups are worthy to keep:
http://dogsinthenews.com/issues/0203/articles/020322a.htm.

L0VE TO DEAF DALMATIANS! <3

1 comment:

  1. awww diamond is so beautiful! and lets go kick butts... those comments were horrible!

    ReplyDelete