21.8.10

Jersey Shore

I am just back from fist pumpin' with Ronnie, Vinny, The Situation, Pauly D, JWoww, Sammi, and Snooki. My family took a vacation to the Jersey Shore before going back to school/work for a long time.

So many things happened in Jersey that I wanted to blog about. I couldn't believe many things that I saw. Pretty much all of these were from the boardwalk.

First, there had been a tram car going up and down the boardwalk carrying lazy people, and they are driving it on the boardwalk WHERE people are actually walking. I was amazed to see that they had no kind of signal on the tram to let deaf people know they were coming up from behind. They kept announcing, "Watch the tram car please", repeatedly. Ok what about people who can't hear that? The boardwalk t-shirt stores had a joke shirt about tram cars, which had an image of a duck being hit by the tram car. It could've been a deaf person. I was amazed at this, and I really wanted to test it out to walk in their way to see what they would have done. And give them that slap in the face that I'm deaf.

The boardwalk stores, what a pain in the arse. We all know how the workers of boardwalk stores are. There was loud announcements about their rip-off deals or music blaring. How do you communicate with that?! My mom is hard of hearing, and had to practically yell at them to talk. Who was the genius that said it was ok to blast music in stores everywhere nationwide?

Also in one store, I was looking at the tee's designs because they are fun to look at. One guy came up to ask me if I needed help, in which my dad who was with me at the time replied to him that I didn't. About 10 minutes later, the same guy approached me again talking to me the entire time behind my back while I was alone (my mom came in middle of it when she came to ask me something). What part of "she's deaf" you didn't understand? I have came across that before in my life. People hear that I am deaf, they either keep talking to me like that's impossible for anyone to be deaf, and/or talk louder (yes, even maybe YELL). Really? If they can't understand that I am still deaf and nothing will change, I'd say for those people to go back to school, IDIOTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment