15.8.10

Is the sand real?

Earlier today I strolled down memory lane with my mom and brother. My brother had brought up a quite funny memory that occurred in Williamsburg, VA which I thought to share with all of you. My family had went on the traditional summer family vacation to Williamsburg, VA out of interest with the colonial days history and Busch Gardens.

This particular memory had occurred at a museum, I do not remember the name. The only thing I remember about it was the colonial history of Virginia. There was only one part of the entire museum that I remember so well.

This exhibit had been a beach scene (don't remember why)... with the whole set up with beach theme, sand, etc. My brother and I had went up to the display. My brother was perhaps 10 years old at the time. My brother had the curiosity of whether the sand was real or not. I was standing right next to him, with a sign in both of our faces that clearly stated, "Do not touch the display".

My brother had touched the sand, then he walked off to my parents while I stood there still looking at the beach scenery display. When I turned around to meet rest of my family, I was faced by a staring audience. Why were these people staring at me?

I wandered clueless to my family. As we left that exhibit area, I had found out that the alarm went off when my brother touched the sand on display. It made a buzzing noise that lasted a few minutes which apparently got people's attention. Unfortunately, it wasn't good for me being deaf at that time as my brother left me there to take the blame and be stared down by people.

Funny? Someday I'll have a huge revenge lined up for him :) Of course, out of sibling love.

By the way, the sand wasn't real.

No comments:

Post a Comment